Wicked After Midnight is available now from all bookstores-- links here!
And I really hope you'll buy it this week, if not today. Here are 25 reasons why.
- You're wicked.
- It's after midnight.
- You're wicked AND it's after midnight. You basically have no choice.
- It's the last book in the series, so even if you're one of those people who refuse to read a series until it's over, NOW'S YOUR TIME.
- You like Fantasy adventure stories that defy genre and expectation with imaginative worldbuilding, new races, new creatures, and plenty of excitement.
- You like Romance stories with sexy women, hot guys, tantalizing touches, searing kisses, and witty banter that culminate in hot encounters that don't use awkward, trope-y terms like “quivering womb” or “creamy thighs”.
- You like Steampunk stories with technology firmly based in logical worldbuilding and fully integrated into society, aesthetics, and every day life. No gluing on of gears here!
- You like an escape that whisks you out of your workaday world and sucks you in until the last page.
- You liked Baz Luhrman's Moulin Rouge and the thought of STEAMPUNK VAMPIRE MOULIN ROUGE curls your toes.
- You like France, art history, cabarets, absinthe, and catacombs full of bones.
- You like strong female characters who refuse to be swept around by life's currents but instead fight for their beliefs, friends, and rights, even when society pushes back.
- You like me.
- You like me enough to pay me for my stories so that I can keep writing books and buying cake.
- You like supporting artists who create original art.
- You like the idea of vampire poodles.
- You enjoy stories that include people of color and non-hetero characters.
- You like all of the above, in which WHY ARE WE NOT BESTIES?
- You look at the awesome cover by Tony Mauro and want to see what's behind those curtains.
- You want an excuse to buy corsets and/or top hats and cosplay interesting characters.
- You know that buying an author's book in the first week, whether as an e-book or paperback, is the best way to support them, tell the publisher that they need to buy more books from that author, and generally validate literature and bookstores as a whole.
- It makes a fantastic gift, whether for a friend, your mother, or your kid's teacher, who already has 1000 mugs with apples on them but could definitely use an escape from reality.
- You know that I'm always happy to sign your book at a con or event, squeal at you, draw your favorite vampire animal inside of the book, or send you a signed bookplate.
- You want to see more stories in the Blud universe, because that sort of decision is based strictly on numbers and I still have lots of fantastic ideas including buffalo-drawn chariots and cat-headed people building pyramids with gigantic clockwork camels.
- It's on sale right now, $6.83 for Kindle and $7.19 as a paperback.
- Because I had a hell of a fun time writing it and hope you'll love it. It's got references to The Princess Bride and other geeky pop-culture icons, art history Easter eggs, characters that veer far from whitewashed or straight-washed, a runaway elephant, and sexytimes on a trapeze. I dare you to find one other book that has all that in only 429 pages.
Joyeux anniversaire, WICKED AFTER MIDNIGHT! <3 p="">3>