Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Items of Interest: August

0. If you're dropping by for the first time thanks to my squatting on Terrible Minds, WELCOME! You're always welcome to contact me via any of the avenues listed on the CONTACT tab up top or in the comments over here.

1. If you're a writer and haven't read it yet, you might enjoy my blog post over at Chuck Wendig's Terrible Minds today: 25 Steps to Being a Traditionally Published Writer, Lazy Bastard Edition, which gives you all the secrets I used to get published in 3 years with no prior publishing experience. Remember to use your nicest handwriting when signing that contract in blood, kids.

2. If you like hot dudes who look like Jesse Williams and talk like a sexy French version of Hannibal King, you might like the cover for Blud book 3, WICKED AFTER MIDNIGHT. You can also add the book to your Goodreads queue if that pre-order link doesn't rev your engines. It's out January 28.


3. If you like e-novellas about feisty ginger journalists who go after sexy knife throwers in a steampunk caravan, you might dig the cover for my third Blud e-novella, THE DAMSEL AND THE DAGGERMAN. Which is also up on Goodreads and will be out January 6.



4. If TWO COVER REVEALS IN ONE DAY isn't enough for you, be sure to watch the RT Book Reviews site on Wednesday for the cover reveal of my first YA, a creepy paranormal called SERVANTS OF THE STORM that will be out in hard cover with Simon Pulse in summer 2014. This cover simply blows me away; it's creepy as hell and pretty as a picture. Of a dead person.

5. Still not enough? GOOD LORD, Y'ALL. Fine. I have a short story called LOVE SONG OF THE LIZARD BOY out with Fireside Magazine on Wednesday. Finally, you can learn about the secret life of Eblick, the lizard boy in Criminy's Clockwork Caravan. Even if you didn't help fund the original Kickstarter, there will be a buy link for the first volume tomorrow. And the art by Galen Dara is gorgeous.

6. Also upcoming: my short story OUR LADY OF MONSTERS will be in the next Tales from the Archives anthology of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences. Link to come!

7. And if you need a quick fix and like a story that packs a lot of punch into 70 pages, my Kindle Worlds e-novella SHADOWMAN: FOLLOW ME BOY is getting amazeballs reviews and is only $1.99. Even if you don't have a Kindle, you can download the free Kindle app and read it on any phone, tablet, laptop, or PC. The reviews are stellar, and you don't have to be a fan of the Shadowman comics from Valiant Entertainment to dig it. There's even a new cover:



8. Lastly, I'll be heading out to the AUTHORS AFTER DARK con in Savannah this Wednesday through Saturday and then DRAGON CON for Labor Day Weekend. I'll have book available and signable at both outings. Check the EVENTS tab at the top of the blog for a complete schedule. 

Hope to see you there!


5 comments:

ChaosMandy said...

Hope to see you at Dragon Con! I'm currently (finally) reading as Wicked as She Wants :)

Virginia Valerie said...

You are on fire, my friend! Very excited for you!

Fonda Lee said...

I'm here on your site because I just read your guest post on Terribleminds and very nearly pissed myself laughing and nodding in wild agreement. I am on step 17 of your 25 step plan and your steps 1-17 pretty much sum up my existence of the last 2 years. I have never before said, "My God, that was such a brilliant how-to-be-an-author post that I have to go read this person's novels" - until now. You just earned yourself a fan, and I haven't even picked up your book yet (though I will now).

Fonda Lee said...

I just read your guest post on Terribleminds and nearly pissed myself laughing while nodding like a bobblehead. I'm on step 17 of your 25 step plan and your first 16 steps colorfully summed up my last two years of existence. I've never before said, "My God, that was such a good how-to-be-an-author post that I must now read this person's novels" - until now. You just made a fan out of someone who hasn't even read your books (but will soon)!

Jennifer Campbell-Hicks said...

Just dropping by to let you know I enjoyed your Fireside story. Thanks for the good read!