Monday, April 29, 2013

Step 2: Keep calm and freak out


So WICKED AS SHE WANTS comes out tomorrow.
Friday is the book launch party.
I am constantly mid-flail.

* * *

Here's how I'm staying occupied:

1. Nagging people about RSVPing to the book launch party FRIDAY, MAY 3 AT RED DOOR PLAYHOUSE IN ROSWELL, GA on the pretense that I need a head count to buy supplies.

2. Buying lots of supplies, especially alcohol, because lots of people have RSVPd, probably so that I'll stop badgering them.

3. Listening to my 4yo sing BADGER BADGER BADGER, which he calls the BEAVER SONG and believes is somehow related to my book and Justin Beiber at the same time.

4. Daydreaming about Special Book Launch Lunch, which is when I force my husband to take me out to a fancy lunch on the day my book launches. And digesting I Just Finished My First Draft Dinner from last night, because I also forced him to take me out for chicken wings last night.

5. Contemplating new things to celebrate so I won't have to cook.

6. Painting those little wooden people that will go on the gigantic red velvet cake I've ordered for the BOOK LAUNCH PARTY THIS FRIDAY.

7. Trying to think of new and interesting ways to lure people into buying my book without overdoing the self promo on Facebook and Twitter. Next up: giving away free kittens. DON'T YOU WANT A KITTEN?

8. Cutting out snowflakes, putting together raffle prizes, and contemplating my costume for the BOOK LAUNCH PARTY THIS FRIDAY.

9. Looking forward to my hair cut on Friday because my bangs are in that half-bang state where I'm not sure what to do with them and have to tuck them back all the time like Lisa Loeb.

10. BEING REALLY EXCITED ABOUT MY SECOND BOOK COMING OUT OMG.

***

What are you guys up to this week?

No comments: