Monday, March 4, 2013

video: that daring young girl on the flying trapeze


I had three objectives in NYC:

1. Meet my agent and editors
2. Attend Sleep No More
3. Take a flying trapeze class.

I was 3 for 3. More on that later. For now, enjoy my first catch on the flying trapeze, courtesy of Ace, Ross, Kevin, and my amazing and talented pal Parisa at STREB, NYC.

I also learned this trick:


When I was a little girl, I loved ballet and gymnastics. Around the age of 7, I was told that I didn't have the right body for either discipline, and that I was wasting my time and my parents' money. I quit, and I was heartbroken.

Well, guess what, mean lady who told me I was too pudgy to be an acrobat?

I CAN FLY.

***

6 comments:

Matt said...

That. Is. Awesome! Congrats on doing that!

Andrew said...

You. Are. Amazing. Wow. Good job!

Ellie Di said...

That looks like so much fun that I added it to my own life list. And for some reason, I got teared up watching the video. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. :P

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

biggest smile ever! you are awesome

Virginia Valerie said...

Amazing! Wonderful form! Also, whoever told you that you had the wrong body type for the things you loved should have their foot stepped on.

delilah s. dawson said...

Thanks, y'all! <3 I recommend trapeze to everyone. It's happymaking.