Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I have a spam clone, and Twitter won't kill it.


Looks like me, doesn't it?

That's my photo-- check the About tab at the top of this blog.

Those are my books-- check the Books tab at the top of this blog.

And that's my bio.

But it's not me. @fdelilahfa is a fake spam clone account that Twitter won't destroy until I *FAX* them a copy of my government-issued ID, which I can't do until I find a Delorean and some banana peels, because... fax.

I've asked my friends on Twitter and Facebook to report this fake account as spam, which will hopefully have it suspended. It *was* actually suspended for about ten minutes... but now it's back.

I don't believe it's a personal/creeper thing. I think it's a spam company trying to yoink a few followers and lure them with possibly-real nonsense so that it can one day turn into a Via6ra or raspberry ketone bilge-pumping machine.

But it's creepy as hell, and I don't like it a bit. My nonsense is lovingly crafted, dammit.

In any case, I can't believe that Twitter has such a technologically lame way of eradicating what's so obviously a spam account. So for now, I'll bombard it with reports and blocks and hope it dies under them like a Redshirt under a mound of tribbles.

Remember kids: @DelilahSDawson is the only place on Twitter for my particular brand of whimsical, sexy nonsense.

* * *

4 comments:

Lexi H said...

That is creeeeepy. Good thing you didn't fax them anything, or you could end up the proud owner of a boat, or a new drivers license to be used courtesy of an illegal! :)

Wendy said...

Ugh, that's not fun.

You can use Gmail to send the fax! http://www.ehow.com/how_6663122_send-fax-gmail.html
Good luck...

Runs with Granchildren said...

mom has a fax machine

Runs with Granchildren said...

mom has a fax machine if you need it