Wednesday, January 16, 2013

in the in between


1. If you'd like to hang out, have vampiric animals drawn in your book, or listen to me prattle, you can always check the EVENTS link at the top of my blog to see where I'll be. February is rather exciting, and I was just accepted as a guest at the Phoenix Comic Con in May. I expect someone to bring me a live armadillo and, if possible, a bottle of hand sanitizer, as those things can carry leprosy.

2. This week, I delivered the first draft of my last e-novella, THE DAMSEL AND THE DAGGERMAN, and also completed a round of edits on the excerpt of book 3 that will nestle cozily in the back of book 2. I am behind on mailing books and signed things, not to mention reviewing things that need to be reviewed. I'll get on that tomorrow.

3. If you liked the WICKED AS THEY COME perfumes and soaps, I've been working again with the fabulous Brooke at VILLAINESS SOAPS to bring the characters of each story to life. Just this week, I previewed prototypes of MORPHO and CARAVAN, and let me tell you, I smell freaking awesome. Look for some contests as we near release dates for THE PECULIAR PETS OF MISS PLEASANCE and WICKED AS SHE WANTS.


*** Intermission ***
Did you notice that if you move one letter,

WICKED AS SHE WANTS

instantly becomes

WICKED ASS HE WANTS?

I did.


5. In case you're the pre-ordering sort or really love me, both of my April releases can now be preordered. Check the BOOKS tab at the top of my blog for links to all the major online sources for print and e-books. Every time you pre-order, you're telling the publisher that they should definitely buy more books from that author, which is pretty much the nicest thing you can do for me, other than convince someone else to buy my books, too.

6. What are the release dates, I hope you're asking?
April 1: THE PECULIAR PETS OF MISS PLEASANCE, a 35k e-novella, $1.99
April 30: WICKED AS SHE WANTS, Blud book #2, $7.99
You're going to want them. Trust me.

7. I'm currently in the MAD DREAMING stage of event planning for the WICKED AS SHE WANTS launch party. The simple thing to do would be a recreation of last year's amazing party, which was one of the best nights of my life. But! I want it to be even bigger and better, as I'm a greedy girl. Perhaps I could rent out a local skating rink, and we could all go roller skating and eat cake? Or we could take over the patio of that adorable Irish pub down the street? If anyone in Atlanta has great ideas, I'm open.

8. Did you know I have Pinterest boards for all my books? It's true.

9. I don't blog as much as I used to, in part because so much of what I wish to say comes out on Twitter. If you ever want to know what I'm doing or see my daily pics, check my Twitter account, here.

***

And now, I have a date with more than three hours of sleep.

1 comment:

Lexi H said...

Sounds...exhaustingley wonderful!
Yay! a date!!