1. Whenever someone says the words TWO WEEKS, you meet each other's eyes and giggle.
2. IT'S A FRAP! and IT'S THE GAP! never get old.
3. "And then I had to go all Zoidberg on him" covers so many bases.
4. You always know who you'll be sitting with at the next movie based on superheroes.
5. Someone always has a tissue ready at the next Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings movie.
6. When you say, "I just want to stay home and read in bed", they're all OMG, ME, TOO!
7. When the doorbell rings, you both hide in fear that it might be a human being. When you see that it's a box from Amazon, you can run downstairs joyously, shouting ERMAHGERD, BERKS!
8. Neither of you knew what a Snooki was until you saw it on South Park, and you're still not sure what a Kardashian is, except that you heard Abed talk about it on Community.
9. Everyone knows every line to Team Unicorn's G33k and Gamer Girlz but not a single word to Katy Perry's California Girlz.
10. You never have to worry about overly detailed Halloween costumes or being too enthusiastic or being weirdly obsessed with math/Rover/puppets or hanging out in the toy aisle of Target or reading an entire book series in a weekend or watching Firefly straight through while eating order-in Chinese because everyone understands that geekery is about celebrating and embracing the non-mainstream things you love.
Anybody else going to geek out at Dragon*Con?