And that means I'm going to need to pick up a new project. Here are the front runners:
1. New MG idea - THE WIND LASS - adventure, girl protagonist, kinda steampunky, kinda magic, involves travel by camel-pulled balloon and breaking a curse.
2. Finish BLACK PARADE, a YA about a contemporary teen girl who goes into a coma and ends up in Sang as a Bludman. Inspired by the video/song The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance.
3. Finish SPARROWHAWK, a historical fantasy YA about a teen girl, underground goblins, and The Crystal Palace in London. Inspired by the ball in Labyrinth. And yes, the Goblin King *is* rather hot.
4. Polish PAYBACK, a contemporary YA about the first day of dystopian rule. What would happen if credit card companies could kill you? It's finished but needs a lot of revision.
5. Something entirely different.
Show of hands? Bueller? Bueller?
What should I work on next?