Thursday, April 19, 2012

new corset goofin'


I feel kind of guilty.

That corset was bought at a rock-bottom price from a company that makes them in China. But pinstripes and black leather and buckles? I COULDN'T STOP MYSELF. It's like a Naughty Steampunk Librarian corset. All of my other corsets are handcrafted by hardworking artisans, and I feel more than a little ashamed of myself for going cheap.

My guilt is somewhat assuaged by the fact that I found that vintage black jacket at a local secondhand store today and paid easily three times what I wanted to spend for it.

That balances out, right?

In any case, consider my stressful day partially soothed by the application of corsetry.


*
Lunchtime Poll:

Which wardrobe staple makes you feel better on a yucky day?

*


7 comments:

Tny8 said...

Pajama bottoms!

/also corsets

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

purty!

Anonymous said...

Going to Ireland.

delilah s. dawson said...

1. AGREED 2. Aw, shucks! 3. GO TO HELL.

Lori Anderson said...

Naughty Steampunk Librarian indeed! It rocks!

Anonymous said...

I'm currently wearing a Dalmatian fur tuxedo.

Kate said...

Nice!! Wish I had a job where I could get away with wearing corsets!

Always have a cocoon-like cardigan on hand for sucky-day emergencies...