Friday, April 27, 2012

dress the hell up


Forgive me for this self-indulgent post. It's kind of a reminder to myself.

This morning, I wanted to dress up. I had nowhere to go. No one to see. Nothing particular to do. But I had purple hair and a new skirt and a spring day, so I dressed the hell up.

And I'm so glad I did.

I ended up at my favorite coffee shop, outside at my favorite table. Something smelled of dead opossum, but I didn't let that stop me. I wrote a few pages that have been bugging me, enjoyed my tea, and generally had a lovely time alone. Everything felt more special. My posture was better. And the words just flew out of my fingertips.

So here's my advice:

Dress the hell up, just because.

The end.

*

8 comments:

Lexi H said...

Oh I love it. And I dress the hell up all the time, even if all I am doing is staying home with the kids and hubby!

Sunny Rising Leather said...

I needed to read this today, covered in comfies with a hint of infant spitup.
xo
A

delilah s. dawson said...

A, you get a pass until all of your children are over 1 year old, in my book. =)

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

I went to both of the thrift stores yesterday and didn't even find anything that I would try on much less as cute as your skirt!

You look lovely

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

and that picture behind you makes you look like you have fairy wings

delilah s. dawson said...

BECAUSE I AM A FAIRY.

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

I pegged you more as a nymph. A steampunk fairy would be fabulous though

Virginia Valerie said...

Woohoo, Darling! You look lovely. And now can we have a closeup of your purple hair, please? :-)