Thursday, March 8, 2012

Henry Rollins touched a picture of my book, and I freaked.


See that tiny little picture in the upper left-hand corner? That's my book cover. And it's mere inches from Henry's hand and scowl.

I'm kind of freaking out.

Back in 1998 or so, I was dating this nice guy named Ken who was the singer for a hardcore band, and he took me to loads of shows and introduced me to bands such as Weezer and Sense Field, and I became a big fan of Henry Rollins. We even went and saw him speak at UGA, and it was one of the most intriguing, interesting, high-energy, thoughtful performances I've ever seen. It blew my mind.

And now, whether or not he knows it, one of my heroes has held an effigy of my book.

In between this, getting an email from Barry Moser, and sitting behind Andre Benjamin at Thumb's Up a few years ago, I'm liable to get all twitterpated and fall out of my chair.

Did I mention I found a four-leaf clover today?

That one must have been wicked potent.

<3

*

4 comments:

Jon Plsek said...

That is pretty awesome! I can't believe that little book didn't burst into flames for being that close to Henry Rollins. Or that he didn't burst into flames for being that close to your chesthairless, besix-packed sexy vampire man.

delilah s. dawson said...

Amen, man. Amen. on both counts.

ChaosMandy said...

Very shiny! I love Henry Rollins!

K A B L O O E Y said...

Nice! I once had a short film on a DVD compilation that had Henry Rollins on the cover because there was a short about him on it, and I thought it was the coolest thing.