Tuesday, January 3, 2012

would you guys please do me a favor?

So I have a book coming out this year...




Believe me, I'm as surprised as you are. Not only because I actually lived up to my potential for once, but because I somehow managed to write sex scenes even though people I actually know are going to read them.

Like maybe my kids' teachers. Or my aunt. Or kids I used to babysit.

And I might be slightly freaking out.

Anyway.

If you haven't, I would be overjoyed and obliged if you would "like" my author Facebook page since I'm trying to swallow my own terror and do the self-marketing thing.

As we count down to the release date, which is March 27, I'll have news to share about giveaways, possibly some freebies, and a book launch party we're planning in north Atlanta where I will blush a lot and snarf cupcakes and red wine and just thank everyone a thousand times.

And I'd love it if you (and you and you) would be there.

*

In the spirit of how this blog started out, here's a quote from my morning:

kids: I WANT THE BIG BOWL!

me: You know what? The big secret is that the oatmeal tastes the exact same no matter which
bowl you eat out of.

biscuit: My secret is that I sleep in my underpants.

t.rex: MY SECRET IS DAT YOU CAN NEBBER PLAY WIT MY TOYS.

me: I think you guys are missing the point about the oatmeal.

t.rex: I TINK YOU ARE MISSING DA POINT ABOUT NOT PLAYING WIT MY TOYS.

*

3 comments:

ChaosMandy said...

What an exciting time for you! I can't wait to read your book. :) And hopefully I can come to your book launch too since I don't live that far from Atlanta.

Apparently T-Rex really doesn't like it when people play with his toys *L* Kids make things so much more interesting.

Anne Riley said...

I liked your page, and I hope to be at the launch party! How FUN!

delilah s. dawson said...

Thanks so much, y'all! I so, so hope you can be there. =D *warmfuzzy*