Friday, January 6, 2012

my first review!


*****

I woke up this morning to find the first ever review for WICKED AS THEY COME!

5 out of 5 stars.

That's FIVE STARS!

It's here, if you'd like to read it, but it contains many SPOILERS, so BEWARE.

The ARCs have gone out, and I will now spend most of the day googling the book and holding my breath. So I'll probably be pretty dizzy until, oh... April.

There are mixed opinions on whether authors should read their reviews, but I just couldn't help myself. I really appreciate Lexie's thoughtful, thorough, and above all interesting response. She feels the same way about the characters that I do, and that tells me that I'm doing something right.

I know there are going to be bad reviews and meh reviews, and I'm trying to steel myself for them. For now, I'm just smiling really big.

*

6 comments:

Anne Riley said...

That's great Delilah! I've added it on Goodreads and can't wait to read when it comes out!

ChaosMandy said...

As a reviewer, I hope that authors read my reviews (as well as other people). :)

Though I did give a book a bad review once and the author got really angry. He started posting what a horrible person I am on various websites, so that wasn't fun :(

I didn't read this review because I don't want to be spoiled. But I am looking forward to reading it and reviewing it myself :)

delilah s. dawson said...

Oh, thank you! I've just been floating on a cloud all day. And, yeah, spoiler alert. =)

Kagama said...

Added it. Sounds like a good one! :)

Dont mind authors reading reviews as long as they dont go mad over bad reviews >:/

Of course no one gets happy when you say something that isnt flattering for something youve created.

But you cant please everyon ;I

Is there an excerpt coming? Please? lol

delilah s. dawson said...

Thanks, Kagama! I'm hoping there will be an excerpt soon. I just asked my editor, so I'll let y'all know as soon as she replies.

Kagama said...

Thank you:) *loves excerpts* lol