Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a morning three-way

A morning three-way conversation with my children, that is.

t.rex: I tink dere are bad guys here.

me: At the bus stop? Why do you think that?

t.rex: Because dey are dark. You no can see dem.

me: What do they want with a bunch of sleepy parents and kids?

the biscuit: Um, maybe you're forgetting my piggy bank? And all my JEWELS?

me: Sweetheart, bad guys need more than $3.72 and some plastic gems. They want billions and
billions of dollars.

the biscuit: What about my computer?

me: The one that plays a Barbie song?

the biscuit: Oh.

me: Yeah.

the biscuit: Is that my bus?

me: Yep.

the biscuit: Oh, BORING. I hate P.E. day!

me: Hate is a very strong word that we don't use. But I hate P.E., too, so I guess that's okay. Have a good day. I love you!

the biscuit: Bye! I love you! Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down!

me: Duly noted.

t.rex: It is time to pick up Sister?

me: No. She's not even on the bus yet.

t.rex: Then it is time to eat oatmeal?

me: Yes. Let's drive home and get you some oatmeal.

t.rex: MAYBE DAT IS PRINCESS LEIA?

me: I'm pretty sure that's Kai's mom.

t.rex: NO, DAT IS PRINCESS LEIA ON HOTH!

me: This isn't Hoth.

t.rex: IT PRETTY COLD.

me: I'm not wearing shoes. It's not cold.

t.rex: DAT IS STILL PRINCESS LEIA.

me: And what is Princess Leia doing in our neighborhood at 6:53am, walking home from the bus stop?

t.rex: SAVING US FROM DOZE BAD GUYS I JUST SAW.

me: Wow. You totally brought that one around full circle!

t.rex: YETZ. I AM YOUR LEADER, DUKE. DO WHAT I SAY.

me: Not a chance, dude.

*

3 comments:

Jewels said...

ROTF. Kidding aside, it's lovely to think that even when he's imagining bad guys, he feels secure enough in his little world to imagine good guys to save him from the dark! Want validation as a parent? That's it right there.

Virginia Valerie said...

LOVE

charissimo said...

T.Rex should come up to Wisconsin where he can really experience Hoth.