Wednesday, January 4, 2012

the latent violence of bibliophilia


me: (working in studio)

t.rex: (HUGE CRASH IN LIVING ROOM!)

me: Dude, what are you doing? Are you okay?

t.rex: GO 'WAY. I BUSY.

me: (runs to living room anticipating trouble)

And what do I see?


The scruffy little nerfherder pulled down every book on the kids' bookshelf.

me: WHY DID YOU DO THAT?

t.rex: I WAS LOOKING FOR PING POG PIG. IT MY FABRIT BOOK.

me: Dude, it's over there on the floor, where you left it yesterday.

t.rex: OH, OKAY. I READ IT NOW. OINK OINK SNORT I LIKE TO JUMP I PING POG PIG DUKE BANG BANG I SHOOT YOU!

me: You're a violent enigma wrapped in trouble wrapped in bacon.

t.rex: READ DIS TO ME, OR I SHOOT YOU, TOO.


*

2 comments:

amber d* said...

At least he's threatening to shoot you over a good cause.

Jewels said...

At least he knows his mind. A bit agressive for a scruffy nerfherder.