Tuesday, January 31, 2012

keke!


Had my eyes dilated at noon. Three hours later, and my pupils are so big that I have a horrible headache and look like an anime character.

It went like this:

optometrist: Okay, so these drops will dilate your eyes. Do you need to do anything that involves reading today?

me: I'm a writer. All I do is read and write.

optometrist: Nothing else?

me: Sometimes I sleep.

optometris: Can you go home and take a nap?

me: Nope. I have two kids under 5.

optometrist: Bad news...

And then he put liquid poison in my eyes.

The worst part is that being on the laptop or reading makes a big ball of angry hatred pulse behind my eyeballs, so I have to go find something non-reading/writing to do. Something that doesn't involve bright light, focus, coordination, or concentration. I mean, I slipped on a Han Solo figurine while trying to do dishes and almost wiped out.

So... what's left?

*

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I've had that before. I felt like I was in Wonderland. Hope your eyes de-dilute soon!