Sunday, July 24, 2011

that movie about the guy in the bearskin


I'm about halfway through my first watching of True Grit, and it's taught me two important things.

1. I really need to reread Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry.

2. If you give characters odd quirks, they can become truly memorable. I have trouble recalling the main characters' names, but I sure as hell remember Forster. You know, the guy in the bearskin?

He reminds me of the old man in Labyrinth, the one with a bird for a head.

Also, he's a dentist.

And on an unrelated note, has anyone seen these guys?



Missing, since yesterday. We had all these blueberries, and now I can't find them anywhere.

I BLAME THE PURPLE PIE MAN.

*

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Where is the blueberry picking place? I've been wanting to take my 2 year old picking, but I don't know where to do that here in Atlanta......If you don't want to broadcast it, my email is brickergirl at hotmail.com. Thanks!

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

This one is on Jones Road in Roswell-- it's just a little old house with a bunch of berry bushes in back. There's also a big one in Woodstock called Berry Patch Farms. So much fun!

charissimo said...

Lonesome Dove is one of my FAVORITE FAVORITE novels ever. A great western saga like no other...

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Charis, if you were a guy, we would totally get married and buy a horse ranch together. Provided your name wasn't Bob, BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO POOR CLARA.

charissimo said...

Also? We'd know to steer clear of the water moccasin-infested rivers.