Wednesday, July 13, 2011

in which I eat crow

I didn't want to put up the hummingbird feeder.

It's plastic and looks like a Coke bottle and is just another pile of sugar water to attract bugs. And it's called Hummer's Galore, which not only insults my inner grammarian but also sounds like a hot chick from the Sean Connery phase of James Bond.

But I got so sick of being nagged that I put it up as a last resort. And maybe just a little bit out of spite.

We don't have hummingbirds. Period. NOW YOU'LL SEE.

And I did see.

I saw this.




And since he hung around for five minutes, I also saw this.



Little dude actually sat down. Hung out a while.

My Hummer's Galore actually *did* bring all the boys to the yard.

So this is me, eating crow. Tiny, superfast, iridescent crow.

I WAS WRONG.

*

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to have a gargle.

I don't like the taste of crow.






No comments: