Saturday, July 9, 2011

betas - for creepy YA?

If anyone is a fast reader with a love of YA, I could use a couple of beta readers this weekend. I'm not looking for an in-depth critique-- just some honest feedback. Basically, read it like a book you bought at B&N and tell me what you thought. And when it gets published, you'll be in the Acknowledgments, of course.

Requirements: Must be able to finish and respond by Monday, must read widely in the YA genre, must promise to keep it very hush-hush.

The hook: When fifteen-year-old Virginia Hale is forced into taking a goth art class by her wicked stepmother, she finds more than she bargained for: a friend, a cute boy, and mysterious, ghostly images in her graveyard photographs. When home is a minefield and trust seems impossible, is it better to believe in the real boy or the ghost?

If interested, please email delilahpaints [at] yahoo [dot] com.

7 comments:

Virginia Valerie said...

i DO wish i read quickly. but i don't. :-(

stephanie constantin said...

if you ever need a beta that has never read any YA fiction I'd love to help :)

jarvenpa said...

Always up for reading your work.

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Steph, Allie and I are going to get you into the YA world sooner or later. Just pick up a book and GO!

stephanie constantin said...

lol....where should I start? And do not say Twilight because I just watched the second one and I thought it was awful!

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Steph, we need to discuss this at a playgroup so I can learn what you're looking for in a reading experience. YA is such a fun genre right now!

Finn's Mom said...

I'm so sorry I didn't see this earlier!! It's probably too late but I would love to read it. - Austin