Friday, May 20, 2011

taking the plunge



The neighborhood pool opened last Saturday.

We finally made it out today.

86 degrees is warm enough to swim, right?

We are very brave people who promptly came home
and drank warm milk and ate buffalo chicken skewers.

Oh, and we found a penguin.



Seriously, he couldn't put his arms down because of the swimmies,
and so he just ran around flapping like a baby penguin.

He got down to the 3rd step on the stairs.

Our big girl can stand in the shallow end now.

And me?

I feel good enough about losing 12 pounds to show you what I look like in a bathing suit.



Eh, the top half, anyway.

I got in up to my waist and stayed in.

Mostly because I was too numb to move.

But we did it.

We went swimming, dammit.

2 comments:

urfaqhesse said...

rock it, hot thang!

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

I knew I could count on you, Urfs. <3 Thank you!