For last Tuesday's writing group, our first exercise was a short but challenging one:
Write 10 - 20 honest beliefs or statements that you're passionate about.
Here are mine.
1. I am horribly critical about art, but I still think any art is better than no art.
2. I believe in what XTC said: Any kind of love is alright.
3. I feel that any god that inspires hate or intolerance isn't much of a god.
4. I believe in chasing passion in life, because as soon as you settle for complacency, you start to die inside.
5. No matter what sort of diet I'm on or whether I'm being vegan or going dairy-free or gluten-free, I will NEVER turn down a piece of birthday cake.
6. I don't believe in quitting; I believe in knowing when to stop wasting your time.
7. I don't think Crocs or Uggs will ever get you laid.
8. I think that entirely selfLESS parents are just as dangerous as entirely selfISH ones.
9. When the muse is elusive, try coffee before noon and alcohol after 6. From 12 - 6, you're screwed and should probably just take a nap.
10. If I can't change it, I don't really want to think about it.
11. Bacon makes most things better.
12. Pretty things are good for the soul.
13. The hardest part of marriage/partnership is learning how to fight. The next hardest part is learning how to listen, even when it hurts.
14. Pictures of kittens are never a bad thing, and that's why the internet is an okay place.
Anybody want to share theirs?