The true meaning of Christmas is...
1. Having the annual mugshots taken at the Christmas Family Reunion. Then eating the annual caramel pound cake.
2. Watching the baby's first "real" Christmas, where he actually gets what's going on. Even if he decides most of his toys are "broke".
3. Genuine wonder while wearing footie pajamas. And knowing that even though she changed her mind fifty times, you managed to get the two My Little Ponies that were ultimately her favorites.
4. The fact that the Halloween toy bought at 95% off by the old lady next door is the biggest hit of the day. And that it inspires booty dancing.
5. Getting your first Big Boy Pants. And filling them with filth within 5 minutes.
6. Seeing the kids' faces on their first White Christmas. And cleaning up the puddles of melted snow five minutes later.
7. Eating 3 pounds of pork over breakfast and lunch and regretting it for the rest of the day.
8. Watching your children share Christmas together. Hearing the older one's first words upon seeing the lit-up tree on Christmas morning: "Hey, brudder! You got a IRON MAN!" Seeing them give each other gifts. Watching them spontaneously hug. Ignoring the fact that they'll spend all afternoon playfully fighting over a cardboard box.
9. Not being in a single Christmas picture, but getting to watch your family filled with joy and love.