Secondly, I am having an excellent day. Better than excellent. Thanks to everyone who wishes me well on Facebook and Twitter, and especial thanks to everyone who expressed wishes for me to have much cake.
And it is awesome.
Know what else is awesome?
1. That my kids both wore what I asked them to wear for school picture day without crying.
2. That Dr. Krog took me out for a lovely breakfast of pumpkin pancakes.
3. That the Poketo stuff was on a 50% off sale at Target.
4. That my dear friend, the talented Alice Istanbul, gave me this awesome custom Kraken necklace for my birthday.
Isn't it gorgeous? It's so shiny that I can't get a good picture. It is an OCTOPUS.
And my dear friend Ericka gave me a vegetable steamer so that I'll quit making broccoli in a plastic microwave steamer that's probably giving me tumors.
Thank you both!
5. That Dr. Krog and my folks went in together to REPLACE MY BROKEN NOOK!
Did you see the old one? It looked like this:
So long, Cap'n Ampersand, with your broken screen that looks like a black bustier rising from half of Gertrude Stein's neck.
Hello, Lft. Interrobang. I will buy a cushy purse to carry you in, and you will never, ever die.
And if you do, they bought insurance this time, because I'm an idiot.
6. Also, I did henna on my hands last night. Turned out pretty good.
Okay, so the picture's pretty weird, but that's what you get with the self timer.
The left hand is based on two 3's in the shape of a butterfly, which turns into four open books, and each of those have the initial of one of the books I wrote this year. Then flowers, vines, and stars, with Dum Spiro Spero along the pointer finger.
Left hand isn't quite so cool, because I'm only about 75% ambidextrous.
The other quarter of me isn't a frog at all.
7. My mom is coming to watch the kids later so that Dr. Krog and I can go out and stuff ourselves. I'm thinking hibachi, because I like it when birthdays involve fire and catching fried shrimp in my mouth.
8. Dr. Krog also made wonderful signs and hung them up all over the house. I love my birthday signs.
The verdict: BIRTHDAY AWESOME.
So I'm going to go enjoy it some more. Ciao!