Sunday, October 3, 2010

the joke's on me

biscuit: Wanna hear a joke?

me & dr. krog: YEAH, WE LIKE JOKES!

biscuit: One time a squirrel didn't find his nuts and he died!

me & dr. krog: Huh?

biscuit: That's what the dog said. The dog with the machine. He said that the squirrel couldn't find his nuts so he died, and that was a pretty good joke, huh? HA HA HA HA. Oh, that is SO, SO funny.

dr. krog: I'm not sure you know what a joke is.

biscuit: But it's funny, right?

me: It's actually funny on a couple of levels, just not ones you can comprehend right now.

biscuit: Oh, that funny, funny dead squirrel!

*

Yeah, I deleted it. I'm a whiny jerk whose main complaint is that I can't be 100% selfish all the time. Boo freakin' hoo.

Now I'm gonna go watch some Holy Grail and go to sleep.

And I'm not going to say, "Help! Help! I'm bein' repressed!" neither.

3 comments:

nova said...

I don't get that joke on any level.

Ericka said...

I'll support you on the envying the working mom things on those days when you just NEED some breathing room. But honestly I think it is a grass is always greener thing, nobody has it good with small kids.

EttyOop said...

I'm going to go with Ericka here... as a working mom. Because I'll tell you a story:

Once upon a time, i was a SAHM. And my kids went to daycare for a few hours a week, but basically i had NO BREAK WHATSOEVER. And I wanted to shoot myself. And most of the other SAHMs from the preschool were not my kinda folk. Too snotty for me! So I was lonely and stressed and felt as though i had no break in my life. TOTALLY where you are, though you seem to have some good friends with whom you can hang sometimes.

Now I'm a teacher. And I feel just as overwhelmed and just as in need of a break. Just because I'm away from the kids doesn't mean it's down-time. Now mind you, the fact that I have to pee and eat on a bell doesn't help, but... yeah.

I think it's totally a case of grass-is-always-greener. That being said? I was reading your post and nodding throughout the whole thing...