And what does that mean?
I'm writing. All the time.
Not blogging. Not taking beautiful photos. Not cooking. Not cleaning.
Not doing anything useful at all, really.
In fact, here's what I've accomplished in the last week:
* Purchased some truly heinous liquor from a liquor store, thanks to the help of a ribald group of bikers. Smelled like paint thinner, but went down pretty well with Rock Star Energy Beverage.
* Pursuant to that, got drunker than I've been in four years or so. Seem to think I told many deeply personal secrets and laughed too loudly. But we've already been invited back, so we couldn't have been that bad. Or maybe they want more secrets. ::shiftyeyes::
* Read Kiersten White's YA book Paranormalcy on my Nook.
* Got the Animaniacs theme song stuck in my head.
* Ate 5 beignets in one sitting.
* And they were really big beignets, too.
* And then I licked my pinky and snarfed up the powdered sugar and had a flashback to a very funny date back in high school where we couldn't find the receipt or the waitress and thought we'd fallen into some strange wormhole. But it was under my foot the whole time.
* Finally congealed my personal writing philosophy into one badly mangled quote from Better Off Dead.
* Watched most of House season 7 with Dr. Krog.
* Smugly decided that my spouse would look vaguely like Hugh Laurie when he grows up.
* Went to a snake party and helped my children hold a Burmese python named Peaches.
* Spent the next two days explaining why the snake wasn't named after the baby mammoth in Ice Age 3.
* And why the snake didn't *taste* like peaches or *eat* peaches.
* Enjoyed the first week of preschool, including six entire hours to myself, which I spent working.
* By which I mean getting a hair cut, shopping at the mall, writing about zombies, eating beignets, pissing off antsy crones, and reading Cassandra Clare's Clockwork Angel on my Nook.
* Saw a wild turkey standing on someone's front porch for no apparent reason.
* Got nearly 7 hours of sleep per night, except that night when I was drunk, when I only got 2 and dreamed I was in Groundhog Day.
* Received a really gorgeous bracelet from Etsy that I've been eyeing for months. See?
The packaging was so cool, too. It was from Amsterdam and had all sorts of ephemera and maps and tags and cigar stickers. Like a bag of weird, unreadable Christmas.
* Didn't think of a single clever thing to blog about.
...and that's about it.
Anybody done anything interesting lately?
p.s. The title is a quote from an old Kids in the Hall episode. Does anybody else remember the second half of that sentence? It will totally make my day.