Thursday, September 23, 2010

the celebrity stalks at midnight

me: Hot diggity dang, that is one mighty fine full moon! Dr. Krog must see this! Dr. Krog, get out here!

dr. krog: (silence from the upstairs bedroom)

me: Huh. Well. I'm going out the front door and on the porch. Dude, come look at this! It's as bright as day out here!

dr. krog: (silence)

me: (stage whisper to open window) I'm causing malfeasance! I'm a trespasser! I'm walking around in your yard! Maybe I'm the gas man; maybe not. I'm not wearing a polo with a logo. Hmm. These windows look breakable. Perhaps I will steal some of your rosemary.

dr. krog: (silence)

me: I'm a sneaky outdoor animal. I'm crunching in the leaves. CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH. My, this tree limb seems tasty. (dances in leaves and shakes tree branch)

dr. krog: (silence)

me: KAKAW! KAKAW! AH-OOOGA! MEOW! RRRGROWL! HISS! CATFIGHT! HUH-WAAAAAH, WHICH IS THE SOUND OF A WILD PEACOCK!

dr. krog: (opens front door in his underpants) Dude, what the hell are you doing?

me: I just thought you'd like to see the moon.

dr. krog: I do like to see the moon. Thank you.

me: KAKAW!

*

And if you get the reference in the title, kudos to you. I loved that book. I like to think about it as Twilight for the lupine set.

As for the celebrity bit, I was mentioned by Cool Mom Picks editor Liz Gumbinner on ABC News, and I'm probably a lot more excited than I should be. I was also in this video while visiting the Mrs. Meyer's headquarters on behalf of CMP.

I am very fancy.

Like mustard.

2 comments:

Ericka said...

I am so bummed that my kid wouldn't accept Bunnicula as a substitute to the teen angst Vamp books she keeps seeing advertised.

Caroline D. said...

this is what marriage should be like. boy howdy.