Friday, February 5, 2010

this one's for charis.


And now, a confession.

Today was one of those days where I feel like a downright crappy mother, housekeeper, and human being. Maybe it was the rain, maybe it was hormones, maybe it was the starlit dance of the planets spinning through the heavens, but the end result was simply that I felt like a complete failure.

Funny thing is, not a single thing has changed since yesterday, when I felt invincible and manic.

Luckily, my brain can remind my heart of this discrepancy, and my fractious 3 year old can go spend the night with her grandmother, and my teething baby can go to sleep, and I can reclaim my humanity, bit by bit, through words and paint and wisps of smoke on wooden board.

*

*

*

Wait. Why are you still here?

I'm out of art for the night.

Oh, you want another confession?

Fine.

I really like the video for Lady Gaga's song Bad Romance.

I think it's just as pretty and weird and random as the videos of the early 1980's. I like it just as much as Total Eclipse of the Heart. I don't know a thing about that chick, but she's fascinating.

Seriously, go to bed.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a Lady Gaga?

Delilah S. Dawson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leigh said...

RAh RAh Ro-MAH MAH, oooh LA, OH GAGA !!!

charissimo said...

Oh, D.

*gets lump in throat*

Even better than I imagined.

Wanna be best friends?

C

RosyRevolver said...

Right there with you sister. BUT . . . !!

You. Are. Amazing.

The gift of laughter you give everyone who reads your blog?? Priceless.

You are a smile maker.
Take that to heart.

xo

Kier said...

i luv d video of bad romance too, lol
nice written,
you make me smile. lol :P
i hope you do more.
anyways
i love you blog 101%. lol...

if you have time visit me ^^
http://www.kierykiery.blogspot.com

Ill do gonna put you on my bloglist and of course ill follow you. hope you have to help me because i'm new in blogger :P jeez :P
Let us be friends? Thank you :p
kier here


T_T trying to adjust for my new BLOG

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

I love that video too! BTW - have you seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA

It is the literal version of the Total Eclipse of the Heart video! Totally cracks me up when I am feeling crappy!

Lee Ee Leen said...

love your lion painting!

Alice Istanbul said...

I hope you're feeling better. We all have days like that.

And i LOVVVVVVVE Lady Gaga, and that video, and all her songs, and her freaky fashion statements. Bad Romance is my ring tone (how obnoxious is that for the people around me when my phone rings).