Friday, February 19, 2010

spinster city


You know what's fun?

When your three-year-old beats your ass at card games.

Repeatedly.

While wearing a leotard and tiara.

Dr. Krog and I comfort each other by saying, "It's just luck."

And then she beats us again.

Me? They call me "Big Sister".


That doesn't show why, though. The Biscuit took that picture, and it's better than all the ones I tried to take of myself. So she's good at cards *and* photography.

Here's why.



That's right. I look like the picture of the Big Sister. The Mom looks like a goof from Mad Men. You can just see her saying, "Oh no! I left the casserole in the oven! Billy! Wipe your feet, gosh darn it!"

And Dr. Krog.

Oh, Dr. Krog.


He kept planting the Old Maid so that I would be stuck with her, then admonishing me for trying to pass her on to the Biscuit, which I did not do, thank you very much.

Biscuit always draws from the left, but you didn't hear that from me, cuz I ain't one to talk.

Know what else she always does?

An awesome victory dance.


So here's a tip.

Toss Candy Land and Chutes & Ladders in the trash, because they suck.

And go spend $2 on Old Maid.

What the heck-- go for broke and spend the extra $1.97 on Go Fish.

It's good for the soul, provided the soul doesn't cheat at children's card games.

3 comments:

charissimo said...

OH I LOVE IT that you just gave me permission to dump Candyland and Chutes and Ladders in the trash! It's my lucky day!

K a b l o o e y said...

HAH! Love this post, most especially the victory dance. And its got to be character building to lose to a 3 year-old in a tiara, no? I also love having permission to toss the soul-killing Candyland and Chutes and Ladders in the dumper. In fact, I'm tempted to sneak up there right now like an evil-twin of the tooth fairy and steal those games from under the bed.

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Card games are so much more fun.

Although I am thinking about branching out into Guess Who?, because I want to hear the Biscuit say, "Does your guy have a walrus mustache?"