Sunday, February 7, 2010

some pig


Somehow, they're much more impressive in person. Wilbur is just the most lovely rose, and Charlotte is like the shadows on an October leaf, shimmering rust and umber. Wait until I get 'em coated in shiny epoxy. Then you'll be like, "She was right! That's Some Pig!"

But perhaps I should be more Humble.

I suppose that for a while, unless I have totally amazing pictures of my kids*, I'll just show you the day's paintings and then start rambling. Ramble ramble. Um, Super Bowl?

I don't know. I went on a cleaning kick today and disassembled my house, cutting my thumb nearly in half in the process. Okay, not in half. But it stings whenever I apply lotion. I changed all the sheets, tidied up the studio, cleaned out my room of Rock Band gear. Matching all the DVDs and VHS tapes** to their cases and sorting through them took nearly an hour. And Dr. Krog has apparently been collecting dry cleaning bags as part of a massive conspiracy to.... um... cover things with plastic bags.

Also, I had asparagus for supper. But that's not really important.

On that note, I'm going to go apply a facial mask, read some Ella Enchanted, and enjoy a cup of tea, because I can't seem to complete a thought. Do you ever have a day like that? If you have children, you do.

I did.

Wait, what?

Yeah, that's what I thought.



* Because there's nothing more interesting in the entire world than pictures of my kids. Unless you'd like to see this slide show of our trip to the Recycling Plant? I have a very informative speech on the Nitrogen CyZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz.

** Yes, we are the only people in North America who still enjoy VHS tapes. What are we supposed to do-- go buy the DVD versions of Can't Hardly Wait and Austin Powers, The Spy Who Shagged Me?***

*** Stop laughing, please. We own worse stuff. But I'm not sayin' what.


****On an unrelated footnote, have you watched Blazing Saddles lately? Wow, that is one racy but hilarious movie. They couldn't remake it now, but if they did, I think Alan Tudyk should play the Waco Kid, and Reese Witherspoon would be great as that burlesque chick who can't pronounce her R's and is so tired all the time.

5 comments:

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I seriously love it! Love that movie.

Alice Istanbul said...

I'm loving these paintings of yours!

Delilah S. Dawson said...

Seriously, Alice, if you can think of a way to safely exhibit your rings, we should totally do it.

The 365 project....

Rachael said...

I am coveting the Wilbur and Some Pig paintings.... are they still available somewhere??

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Thanks, Rachael! They are available-- Wilbur is up in my Etsy shop at www.pollywogpouch.etsy.com, and Charlotte isn't in the shop but is available for the same price.