Thursday, February 11, 2010

cap'n barfy and the salad of doom

Are you ready for it?

Just imagine. You're halfway through your free salad, which you're eating out of a to-go box, because the restaurant took 35 minutes to make a salad. It's not very good-- just sliced chicken tossed in boring sauce over plain lettuce and a few sad flickers of white cheese.

But it's food, and it's free, and you're hungry.

Then you stab up another big ol' bite and find this...

*

Are you ready?

*

You aren't. You'll never be ready for this.

*

But I'll show you anyway.

*

Here goes.

*

Really.

*


That's right. Not just one hair.

An entire hairball. Like, with three different colors of hair all tangled up together, as if some vengeful cook cleaned out a hairbrush over my meal.

I wonder if these folks are perhaps in cahoots with that Mexican restaurant that we don't mention?

What's amusing is that earlier that day, I said to myself, "Man, I need to clean up my diet. I need to eat less."

So I went way out of my comfort range and ordered a salad.

A hairball salad.

I think it's nature's way of telling me to eat cookies and stay curvy.

14 comments:

miss. chief said...

AHHH NOOOO!

K a b l o o e y said...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! You completely skeeved me out. The big conundrum: did they offer you another meal, and if so, do you take the chance? I'd vote no. But what about free food for a year? Or for life? It'd be easy to say "I'm never setting foot in there again", but every meal can't feature hairballs, or they wouldn't be in business. So maybe 1 in 10,000 has a hairball. Is it worth free food then? Discuss...

Southern Belle Mama said...

Wow...you're right. You can never prepare yourself for that! Did you call the restaurant about it?

Jennifer said...

Aha...just read the mexican restaurant post and realize why you weren't so enthusiastic at MJ's when I asked if you liked Mexican food....too bad I didn't read your post before I ate there.

Which restaurant produced the hairball salad? I need to stay away. Are you going to post these on Eat.Play.Do???

stephanie said...

I feel ill....

Allison said...

OMG. Ew. Ew. Ew!

Where was this, again? So I can make certain to NEVER eat there.

Delilah S. Dawson said...

It was at Street Cafe, a new restaurant on Canton Street in Old Roswell. They were really sweet people, I just thinks it's a very new restaurant with a lot of kinks to work out. You can see my full review on www.eatplaydo.blogspot.com

Virginia Valerie said...

Yucky yuck!!!! Eww, that's so gross.

Suko said...

Wow! I didn't see THAT coming! :)

Motherhood Uncensored said...

These are the days I wish for partial RSS feeds.

Rodeo Princess said...

thank you thank you. I was bored and paging through blogs and I started reading yours and oh my gosh this was funny! You made me laugh, sorry - I know it wasn't funny for you, until now!!

Merlu said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

hotpants™ said...

Oh, nasty!

Delilah S. Dawson said...

If you guys can get a smile out of my hairball, then I am content.

Thanks for stopping by!