Friday, January 1, 2010

i of the metal tiger


I don't know why I did that. I haven't wanted to be Cheetara since I was about 5 and a neighbor child tried to give me suggestive cat hugs.

And I know Dr. Krog is going to laugh at me.

But sometimes I can't help myself, especially now that it's the Year of the Metal Tiger. I mean, it's not like I was going to Photoshop myself as an ox last year, right?

Anyway, here we are in 2010.

This is my obligatory New Year's post.


I will confess to meeting about 75% of my resolution last year. I upped the vegetable quotient, except for these last few weeks of surgery and sickness, when all of my black beans somehow found their way into brownies.


So here are my resolutions for 2010:

1. Get a literary agent.

2. Be kinder. To everyone.


That's all I'm going to commit to, at the moment.

I'd like to get more exercise, clean more, and eat better, but I'm setting the bar low for expectations, because life is full of surprises, especially with two kids.

2009 was tough, but I had three major accomplishments:

1. Lost 25 pounds. Yeah, it was baby weight, but that doesn't mean it was easy.

2. Wrote two books.

3. Had a solo art exhibit and enjoyed some Etsy sales.

As usual, I can't complain. It was a good year, and I'm grateful for everyone and everything in my life. Except vegetables. I still just really hate 'em.

Goodbye, ox.
Hello, Tiger.
Bienvenue, ostrich.
Watch your step, vole.
And quit hogging the shrimp cocktail, narwhal. Geez.

No comments: