Saturday, October 10, 2009

youth day haiku


from grandpa's shoulders
a small girl sees the wide world
searching for moonwalks

*

mom loves art, horses
child is not so sure, still wants
to find a moonwalk

*


she loves her nina
her brother, the parade and
also, would really
really like to jump on a moonwalk, NOW, PLEASE. NOW.

*

mom loves her hometown,
the youth day parade each year,
and fast food playgrounds

because the line for
the stupid, lame-ass moonwalk
was fourteen miles long

*

It was a good day.


3 comments:

Virginia Valerie said...

I love your haikus
They give me inspiration
You: Muse to many

Carrie said...

I'm sorry to be a pain, but what baby carrier are you using in the pony picture and does it work for a back carry? I'm going to the Cabbagetown chili fest in a couple of weeks and am looking for something to use to carry my 8 month old on my back. Getting a stroller thru the crowd is scary. What is worse is the idea of putting her in my bjorn and trying to eat hot chili samples with miss grabby hands.
I would a appreciate any insight on babywearing!

Thanks!

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Carrie, it's never a pain to spread the babywearing love. That carrier is my all-time, #1, go-to carrier, and it is a 4th generation Beco. Sadly, that exact kind is no longer available in stores, since Beco got sued and now sells the Beco Butterfly, which is also pretty but much more complicated. You can find my exact one on the For Sale or Trade board of www.thebabywearer.com for about $90-- just search for "beco 4thgen" and you'll see them.

It is indeed awesome for back carries. An easier to find carrier that also works great for front or back is the Ergo, which comes in a variety of solid colors and is much cheaper. You can get one at their website, http://www.ergobabycarriers.com, or on eBay, or used on www.thebabywearer.com.

Hope that helps! If not, keep asking. Baby carriers are lifesavers!