Saturday, October 3, 2009

the date

Knock Knock.

Who's there?

Me, but after .34 of a plum-covered duck, a Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade, 2 mosquito bites, a pomegranate martini, a white chocolate cupcake, and a game of catch using a Nerf football.

Me, but after... uh... all that stuff... who?

Well, just me after all that stuff. Kinda full, a little drunk.

So....

Exactly.

Exactly what?

Yes, an Exactly What! On a chain!

What on God's green earth are you talking about, drunky?

That old poem, from the Shel Silverstein. Me, Me Who, an ExactlyWhat on a chain. It was brilliant.

Ah. I didn't read that one.

I did. I loved the irony of it. There was a poem about having a library book that was a bajillion years overdue, and then I had *that* book overdue. Never actually gave it back, in fact. It's probably still at a box in my parents' attic, actually. Tee hee.

Okay, see, that's great and all, but I don't see how it relates to the original Knock Knock joke.

I'm sorry, have you met me? Does it *have* to relate to anything? Honestly?

Well, if it doesn't, maybe you shouldn't be trying to tell Knock Knock jokes after two drinks and a cubic freakton of sugar, Miss Sassypants.

Fine. You win. I won't tell jokes. Spoilsport. I've got better things to do, anyway.

Great. How about you take a class in how to tell jokes? That would be a *super* way to use your time.

You're just jealous. Of the cupcake. And the mad joke-telling skillz.

I am *not* jealous. But you, madam, are drunk.

Yeah, that, too.

5 comments:

EttyOop said...

Yourself to whom you were talking may not be jealous. But I am jealous... jealous that you got date night and sugar all to yourself and that you got to drink enough to get tipsy and that you had something to do on a saturday night that did not involve failing to get a child to put herself to sleep followed by surfing the net while bored.

And oh, you so deserved this night out after the last week or two. Oh MAN did you need it! :-)

Anonymous said...

...

RosyRevolver said...

brilliant! off to sleep with a grin . . . and some wine!

Virginia Valerie said...

Yes! Look forward to more posts of this nature!

Caroline D. said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! kudos on the drunkypants, the joke, and the cupcake.