Tuesday, October 20, 2009

bienvenue, 32


32 isn't the prettiest color, according to my synesthesia.

And I don't want to get old. I don't want mortality salience. I will be young and beautiful forever, dammit.

But I want my cake. And a big, delicious dinner featuring either really good steak or duck.

Mainly, I want my cheerful little son to quit playing with a wrapping paper tube, take the ginormous crap heralded by his stanky dead-dog-farts, and go back to sleep.

So that I can go back to sleep, so that it will be my birthday already, so that I can have my cake and a big delicious dinner featuring either really good steak or duck.

I'm having some sort of weird, pre-birthday downer. Besides the fact that I'm downstairs on the laptop instead of upstairs in my cozy, perfect bed with my sweet, sleepy Dr. Krog. I think it has something to do with finishing the latest Diana Gabaldon book and knowing there won't be another one for four years. How can I wait four years to find out what happens? It leaves me feeling bereft in a very ridiculous way.

I guess that's how you know you've got a good life-- the worst thing happening is that you can't have your favorite meal until Friday and you just finished a really good book.

Thanks, 31. You were a pretty awesome year.

8 comments:

artbysarada said...

Happy birthday fellow synaesthete! (it's yellow and blue, for me. I'm currently yellow and orange, 35!)

Virginia Valerie said...

Happy Birthday, D! I hope your day is great and you get all that wonderful food!

Southern Belle Mama said...

Hope your birthday is great! ...and on a sidenote, be thankful that TRex gives you a warning of is impending gift. Mine like to spring them on me like a little surprise party in her pants!

Christine's Arts said...

Happy Birthday!

Caroline D. said...

Happy Birthday!!!

(FOUR YEARS?? REALLY?? I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!)

Alicia Istanbul said...

Holy crap, I just had a mini-panic attack that I forgot your birthday. After checking fb, I see that it's in fact today (I thought it was tomorrow)! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY mon amie! Hope all your birthday wishes come true, and that you enjoy your duck dinner in a couple days :)

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Ne t'en fais pas, mon petit chou. There are still 3 hours left to celebrate!

And yeah, Carrie. It usually takes her 3 years to write a book. Breath of Snow and Ashes came out in 2006? I think.

EttyOop said...

Ok, so I apparently haven't read in over 2 weeks.... life's been insane... regardless,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a bit late)...