Saturday, June 6, 2009
6 unimportant pangolins
The delightful Carma at www.carmasez.blogspot.com graced me with this awesome and extraordinary award for being Extraordinary and Awesome.
I totally accept. With only a small, annoying speech and and without a bizarre swan dress.
And as part of the blog-tag-award, I must force The 6 Unimportant Things Meme upon you.
1. Pangolins are amazing little creatures. That's one, up there at the top, hanging from a branch. They are the only mammals with scales, which are made of keratin. They don't have teeth. Their tongues extend into the abdominal cavity. And certain folks in China believe that killing a pangolin and eating its scales will help a nursing woman keep up her milk supply. And I thought fenugreek tasted bad! Ba-dum-chee!
2. I hate tuna, capers, cooked apples, olives, and figs.
3. When I get drunk, I speak French. Also when I was on narcotics during labor.
4. Last night I dreamt that we were considering renting an apartment in the basement of a Wal*Mart, but we had to audition by sleeping on a bed on a platform in the actual store, and we couldn't go to sleep because people kept trying to order sub sandwiches from us. Then I found paleolithic crayon drawings on a shelf and was awarded a scientific prize.
5. I lost 9 pounds last month and can fit in my favorite jeans again. Putting a digital scale by the fridge was a definite breakthrough.
6. I'm supposed to make brownies for a neighborhood pool party today, but I don't want to, because i'll want to eat all the batter, and that's not good for #5. I love brownie batter. And also brownies. Next time, i'm signing up to bring tuna and capers.
And now, on to taggery.
I present the Extraordinary and Awesome Award to:
* Confessions of a METROMama
* Bright Caroline
* edward and lilly
Go forth and Meme!
And thanks, Carma!