Saturday, May 9, 2009

ugh1000words

Right now, i'm really, really frustrated.

Because I saw something on the way home that was so random, wacky, and hilarious that I just had to tell you about it.

And i've been Googling the various pieces for an hour now to make a Photoshopped approximation, and I can't find a single one of the pieces. If Dr. Krog hadn't seen it, too, I would be pretty sure i'd imagined it.

A white Hummer, the kind with a truck bed.

In the truck bed:

* a 5-foot tall black Tiki head

* a life size fiberglass statue of a topless Santa Claus with tribal tattoos

* a life size fiberglass statue of a 1940's pin-up girl in overalls

And they were set up such that Santa was leaning on the Tiki head, talking up the pin-up girl. Possibly propositioning her. I'm not sure. It happened so fast. He seemed like a really sleazy, and possibly drunk sort of Santa.

Anyway, for once... I cannot provide you with an image.

That's why camera phones are so important to modern society, folks. So you can send ugly cakes in to www.cakewrecks.com, and so I can capture the most bizarre Hummerfull of redneck crap that teh intarwebz haz ever seen.

11 comments:

Caroline D. said...

I kindof wish I hadn't read this before bed. I'm a little freaked out, I won't lie.

ps WTF your phone doesn't have a camera??!?!?

Tammy Howard said...

My kingdom for that pic... (it's not as generous an offer as it appears - my kingdom ain't much...)

ChicagoSane said...

Citation needed.

Fail.

Virginia Valerie said...

omg that would have been totally appropriate for pictureisunrelated.com! Time for hubby to buy you an iphone. Plus I hear they include a cylon detector, which might be useful for certain spazzbots in your life.

stinestrain said...

craig - she wants a camera phone for the love of pete!

delilah said...

Even better-- he got me a GPS. So I may actually get on a highway this year. Amazing!

charissimo said...

Currently bemoaning this tragedy...

carma said...

what a loss... ;-)I feel for ya.

Cranky Mama said...

D, if you are going to be a serious blogger, well, you're not serious, but you know what I mean, a phone with a camera is NEEDED. We just had mother's day. It would have been a good gift. Maybe we can take up a collection for you. IF you promise not to spend the money we send you on etsy bags.

kristin said...

yay for GPS! too bad you don't have the coordinates for the crazy hummer...you could stalk it down!

tatgurl said...

I'll have to get back to you on this one. i started reading this and was laughing so hard it hurt (seriously, recovering from a c-sec and anything remotely funny just don't mix).