It's belated, but I want to give away a piece of art from my Little Worlds show.
This is one of my pear paintings in chalk pastel and acrylic on wooden board. Measures... maybe... 3.5" x 7", with a little hanger on the back. Here you can see 'er frolicking with all her curvy sisters at the show.
These pears need love. Out of all the pears in the world, the voluptuous Bartlett and Modigliani-esque Bosc found each other and bonded over their striking resemblance to the gravid female form. They were chosen by an artist to be painted, over and over, and they basked in their good fortune.
Then they were cut into pieces and eaten by a small child.
Life is cruel.
All you have to do to enter is leave a comment answering this question:
What's your favorite piece of artwork?
It can be something in your home, something you saw in a museum, something from Art History 101, or your kid's hand turkey from preschool. We ain't picky.
Here are the rules:
1. Continental US only. Because I have to pay to ship you a piece of wood.
2. Contest ends Monday, May 25 at 10am EST.
3. To enter, leave a comment.
4. For another entry, blog about the giveaway, and leave a link to your blog post in the comments.
5. For another entry, Follow me, if you do not already.
6. For another entry, force... or... coerce... or... recommend that a friend come here and Follow me, and then have them comment that you sent 'em.
7. For 3 entries, mail me a cupcake. No chocolate. Not joking.
8. Winner will be chosen by Random Number Generator and posted at 10am Monday.
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you win! I love knowing my art has a good and loving home.