Saturday, April 18, 2009
a classic AAAARGH
That's me again.
I'm trapped under a sleeping, nursing baby who keeps me up all night if he doesn't nap. He can't wake up now. He simply cannot.
The radio is on.
It's too loud.
I thought it was the hip, alternative station, but it's actually the pop/hip hop station.
I just had to listen to "I'll Be Missin' You, Biggie Smalls".
Now i'm stuck listening to Pink, who is apparently sober.
That's the first 5 minutes, then what?
Oh, la, this is torture. TORTURE!
So what's going to come on next? My top 5 torture-tastic guesses are:
1. Anything by Brittney Spears.
2. U2 or Green Day or Smashing Pumpkins or Uncle Cracker, just to spite me, because I despise them, even though it's the wrong genre for this station.
3. "I'll Be Missin' You, Biggie Smalls" again, only louder.
4. A Jazzercise song that will make me want to actually get off my duff and exercise, except that I can't get off my duff and exercise.
5. Rush Limbaugh rapping about tuna fish sandwiches with a reengineered Tupac and lots of sound bites from 1-800 commercials with that screamy guy with the beard.
Definitely one of those.