Saturday, April 18, 2009

a classic AAAARGH


That's me again.

I'm trapped under a sleeping, nursing baby who keeps me up all night if he doesn't nap. He can't wake up now. He simply cannot.

The radio is on.

It's too loud.

I thought it was the hip, alternative station, but it's actually the pop/hip hop station.

I just had to listen to "I'll Be Missin' You, Biggie Smalls".

Now i'm stuck listening to Pink, who is apparently sober.

That's the first 5 minutes, then what?

Oh, la, this is torture. TORTURE!

So what's going to come on next? My top 5 torture-tastic guesses are:

1. Anything by Brittney Spears.
2. U2 or Green Day or Smashing Pumpkins or Uncle Cracker, just to spite me, because I despise them, even though it's the wrong genre for this station.
3. "I'll Be Missin' You, Biggie Smalls" again, only louder.
4. A Jazzercise song that will make me want to actually get off my duff and exercise, except that I can't get off my duff and exercise.
5. Rush Limbaugh rapping about tuna fish sandwiches with a reengineered Tupac and lots of sound bites from 1-800 commercials with that screamy guy with the beard.

Definitely one of those.

7 comments:

delilah said...

In case you're curious, the next thing on the radio after I hit "post" was one of those Taco Bell commercials where an anthropomorphized taco pretends to be a spy and demands that I eat a fourth meal every day.

HELP ME.

faemom said...

LOL Oh, the torture. Good luck.

Tammy Howard said...

Oh, the things we'll do to keep our babies asleep!

Stumbled upon you from Jenny Penny's blog - she gave you quite a glowing review and I can see why! Fun stuff!

Virginia Valerie said...

poor honey. time to get a remote.

ck said...

As far as I'm concerned...a cupcake is the cure for everything. Especially if it's chocolate and has sprinkles.

btw: LOVE your site!

Caroline D. said...

how about husband turns on 2 Fast 2 Furious and then leaves the room with the remote too far away to get to.

katiri said...

Oh, I think that Leona Lewis ballad or the Jordin Sparks/Chris Browne duet are on the playlist, too! Or that time Gwen Stephani decided to adapt Tevye's theme from Fiddler on the Roof! na-na-na-na, na-na- na- na-na NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!