Saturday, March 7, 2009

it's my crack



No, not *that* crack, even though my favorite pants are still a little too tight. I wouldn't talk about that on the blog. I'm talking about my sweet, sweet addiction.

Consignment sales.

March and September are delectably riddled with consignment sales in church basements, school gyms, and abandoned storefronts. There's even one... which gives me goosebumps... that takes up two WAREHOUSES. Kids' clothes, shoes, socks, bibs, toys, furniture, books, movies, hats, you name it. And most sales have a "1/2 off" day, which is when I go. Because i'm froooooogal.

Up there? At the top of the post? That''s my haul from today, mostly stuff for t.rex, a.k.a. Captain Outgrowing All His Crap Way Too Fast. Seriously, he just turned 3 months and is already outgrowing his 3-6 month stuff. It would appear he has my metabolism.

Anyway, it's one of my favorite sales, just one small room. But the prices are amazing. At final tally, I came home with: a rearseat mirror, 5 pairs of socks, a pair of boy shoes, a book, 3 pinwheels, a chew toy, and 22 articles of adorable clothing for $23.

Twenty. Three. Dollars.

And everything is brand name-- Gap, Old Navy, Gymboree, Sonoma, Circo. Several items are never worn, new with tags. All for the price of one new outfit at Gymboree.

I tell Dr. Crog that he is lucky as hell to have a fantastically frugal wife like me. He tells me it doesn't really count, because I *enjoy* it. What kind of crazy man-logic is that?

Harumph.

So if you like consignment sales, check out www.thebargainwatcher.com. You can search your state for sales and all sorts of other things i've never checked out, because all I care about are the sales.

The sweet, yummy, delicious sales.

The naughty, saucy, racy sales.

Mmmm. Sales.

P.S. If you click on the photo, it will get huge, and then you can see the crazy low prices. And then I paid half of that. Doesn't it give you a bit of a tingle, thinking of all those deals?

3 comments:

jarvenpa said...

Wow. cuteness! and yes, sooo frugal.
Now, my kidlets grew up in the days of the free boxes (aging hippie, what can I say). And there was this one pair of overalls I embroidered for my eldest with vines and flowers...which, lo, 14 years later, when youngest was 2, surfaced yet again. Very worn, having passed through I don't know how many hands.

I like your daughter's discerning movie reviews too.

merveilleuse said...

i got chills! i adore sales. adore 'em.

Kyrissaean said...

I am in awe of your shopping greatness.