Monday, September 22, 2008

how to tell you're getting old

Childhood
Me: OOOOOOH, the new My Little Ponies are out! Mommy, I want the blue one!
Stupid whiney friend: Nooo, I want the blue one!

Teenagerhood
Me: OOOOOOH, the new Cure album is out! I've got to get that!
Cool friend: Bitchin'! Maybe they'll go on tour! Let's go to Waffle House.

Adulthood
Me: OOOOOOH, the new Harry Potter movie is out!
Fiance: Yeah, we should totally go see that, then go to a bar!

Oldsterville
Me: OOOOOOH, Simply Orange now makes OJ with MANGO! We've got to try that!
Husband: Why, yes, that does sound delicious! Let's give that a try!

Yup. I'm officially old. It's even on my grocery list. Sigh.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Yum. Sounds good.

delilah said...

Yeah, Target doesn't have it yet. I SHOULDA HAD A V-8!

Crystal said...

I think I shall add that to *my* grocery list too. Hehe. :-) It does sound delectable.♠

Crystal said...

I think I shall have to add that to *my* grocery list too. Hehe. :-) It does sounds delightful.