Monday, September 8, 2008

Delores don't play dat.

1. I'm on the Do Not Call List for a reason.
2. If you call and ask for Delores, you're going to get attitude.
3. If you call after Cleo's 8pm bedtime, you're going to get nasty attitude.
4. If you call after Cleo is actually asleep, ask for Delores, and attempt to tell me for whom I should vote, YOU'RE GOING TO GET AN ENORMOUS CAN OF VERBAL WHOOPASS.

Yeah, I know they're volunteers trying to change our country for the better, whatever they personally believe "better" might be. But phone calls after dark are not the way to go. Neither is junk mail, leaflets, or anyone coming to my door without cookies and a saucy green beret.

Funny thing is, after Googling "Campaign for Change", i'm fairly certain they want me to vote for Obama, and I feel slightly bad for yelling, "HOW DARE YOU CALL ME AFTER 8PM WITH A SLEEPING TODDLER AND CALL ME BY THAT HORRIBLE NAME! WHATEVER YOU WANT, THE ANSWER IS NO! OFF THE LIST! TAKE ME OFF THE LIST NOW! NOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!"

Anyway, if someone will call me around 6pm, offer me free Girl Scout cookies, and politely tell me that they are offering an electable candidate who's pro-choice and fiscally conservative, I will invite them over for tea and a Powerpoint presentation. Until that time, all political parties and their pollsters can SHOVE IT.

1 comment:

Sybil said...

Oooooo, I would be pissed too! I am so glad I have a cell phone and never am on those lists.

Now, if I only I could gt rid of the door-to-door folks. I always chicken out and patiently wait to hear their whole spiel and then hem ad haw my way out of giving them money. I always want to say "do you see this crappy apartment I live in? Do you actually think we have any money?"