Monday, June 2, 2008

...and it begins

I had my first pregnancy-bizarre dream about the new baby-to-be yesterday.

Thanks to the good graces of my recently miraculously healed husband, on Sunday I was able to take a delightful 9am nap on my favorite couch on a cool, rainy morning under a lovely ceiling fan and snuggling a soft, pony-spotted blanket. And here is what I dreamed.

There was a fluttering noise, and Cleo alerted me to a bird loose in our house. I went to catch it and let it outside, but it flew into my hair and got tangled. When I pulled it loose, it was a white hummingbird, but when I opened my hands, it was a baby parakeet. While I was holding the baby parakeet, which looked just like my parakeet of 1990 - 1999, Binky, I felt the baby kick for the first time, and Cleo looked up at me and smiled.

Now, I don't know if the baby actually kicked, or if I just imagined it, but it was just like when Cleo used to kick. Very cool.

When I woke up, I discovered a dragonfly caught in the blinds, hence the fluttering noise, and a very loud mockingbird outside the open window, hence the bird noises.

Still, a pretty cool dream.

No comments: