Thursday, May 8, 2008

a dork is born

To save time and headache, Cleo now showers with me instead of me giving her a long, splashy bath, drying her off, getting her dressed, and letting her destroy the bathroom while I shower with one hand holding the door closed and the other hiding shampoo bottles. She loves it. She stomps, kicks water, rubs "soap" on my knees, and squeegees the shower door.

After the shower, I wrap her up securely in a baby towel, dry myself off, then complete drying, lotioning, and dressing her. The current towel in rotation is all white with a little pointy hood, and I basically swaddle her in it so you can't see any part of her but her toes and her chin.

Looking at her today running around the bathroom in her hooded towel and gibbering unintelligently, I was reminded of the Jawas from Star Wars, naturally, so I said, "Who's mommy's little Jawa?"

And she crinkled up her nose, stuck out her chin, jumped up and down and shrieked,
"IMMOMMYSLITTLEJAWAAAAAA!"

It was awesome. The Force is strong with this one.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

He he! You make me laugh so hard. I can't wait to meet your little jawa.