Wednesday, February 27, 2008

clouds taste like gray

When i'm bored, I don't read CNN or send out forwards about toilet spiders-- I browse www.etsy.com. I love to see what's on the front page, check out the Treasury, and see what my "favorites" are up to.

For example, I totally love this artist: www.miltongravy.etsy.com, but I can't afford a darned bit of his work. Even his prints are out of my price range. But just seeing his work makes me happy. I totally wish I could paint like that. The ferris wheel blows my mind, and I don't even like ferris wheels!

On the other hand, this artist: www.pamelam.etsy.com doesn't offer prints because all her art is affordable. I bought a little still life, and I can't wait for it to arrive.

Lasty, this artist: www.mincingmockingbird.etsy.com totally cracks me up every day. I love these birds, and many of them speak for me. For example, the title of today's blog entry: Clouds taste like gray. That just kills me.

Buy handmade, baby!

No comments: