Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No more Ledger-de-main

Heath Ledger is dead, and now I have to find a new #3 for my favorite actors list and try even harder not to think about death while i'm nursing Cleo to sleep in a dark room. It's been so long since a young, talented actor died. He's right up there with River Phoenix and James Dean now. And, seriously, next to flaming idiots with a built-in death wish like Brittney Spears and Paris Hilton, he was definitely a long shot for the next to go. I've been following his progress as The Joker in The Dark Knight, and I was certainly set to enjoy his career for years to come.

Heath, i've adored you since 10 Things I Hate About You. I was there for The Patriot and A Knight's Tale. And now i'm never going to want to watch those stupid movies again because I abhor mortality salience.

So, Ryan Reynolds and Johnathan Rhys-Meyers, it's up to you now. Keep the spark alive and don't do sleeping pills, because I need you.

No comments: