Monday, December 10, 2007

badger badger badger badger badger...

It's stuck in my head. Haven't heard it in years, but I can see those little mustelids doing their calisthenics behind my eyelids. It's a badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom...

Let's see... where are we? The weekend was a sweet and sour mix, as Craig was out of town and I had a tear-filled visitation, funeral, and reception, followed by an incredibly delicious and indulgent fondue dinner and a day of playing around with good friends and baby. Who would think that cooking your own food in a metal pot could be such fun?

I've also got an ongoing craving for whole grain bagels from Einstein Bros., which goes against my Southern grain. Seriously, I was that lady pushing a baby in a shopping cart, eating her bagel out of a bag. When I was a kid, I found it so distasteful to see moms in sweatpants and slippers feeding Cocoa Pebbles to their filthy kids in Kroger, but for some reason the fact that I only feed Cleo healthy snacks and always pay for them makes it okay for me. Plus, no sweat pants; just jeans. And without stains! I should totally get points for that, even though the dairy guy glares at me like i'm smuggling his precious cheesesticks out by the boatload.

Life is good. I was struck by a golden moment today as I let Cleo totally self-lead around the park. I live a good life. I am living my dream. Nothing but sweet husband, precocious child, nice house, all the art I want, lots of good books, plenty of Fuji apples, rockin' vehicle, cool shoes.

I totally have it made. Except that it's a
badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom...

No comments: